Welcome to the 10 week intensive PMdistilled PMP preparatory program.
Here are the top 10 things to get the best out of this training;
- Study like a student. While watching the videos and reading the text, take notes of the key points.
- Get a copy of the Project Management Body Of Knowledge (Current version) and that is going to be your key reference material throughout the program. Remember, PMP exam and the course is all about making you think and act as a professional project manager as per PMBOK. There is no substitute to that.
- The best way to get the latest PMBOK is to become a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI). The membership cost is 129 USD. Members get a complimentary copy of the latest PMBOK free of cost plus a one hundred dollar discount on the PMP exam fees. Hence, it makes sense to become a member of PMI at least for 1 year, the year in which you are planning to take your PMP certification.
- You must plan for around 5 hours / week for the next 10-12 weeks.
- Whenever you have doubts / questions, make a note of them and that will help to have very quick and effective doubt clarification meetings with your instructor.
- It is advisable to have one 30 minutes meeting with the instructor / week.
- In case if some topics are very difficult for you, you can ask the instructor to explain it in detail.
- All our meetings are Zoom meetings, unless otherwise the participant request for some other platform. If you are new to Zoom, get an orientation.
- Try avoiding any other material except the ones recommended by the Instructor.
- Do not try PMP practice tests till we complete till week#8. Without the fundamental knowledge, if you try practice tests, it may impact your interest and confidence level.
- Schedule your PMP exam, within a month’s time of completing this course, esle you will start forgetting the lessons learned.